CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

What is with the Pineapple reference?

The reason this baby is referred to as our little "Pineapple" is because of the nickname Bob gave me after we started IVF. Bob said because I had endured so much, and was so strong I was like a "pineapple". The outer shell of a pineapple is strong, stubborn, hard headed, but once you peel back those layers it's just a mushy, sweet fruit inside. So immediately when we found out we were pregnant the ladies on my board started calling the baby our like Pineapple. So there you have it, how the nick name Pineapple and TTP (Teeny Tiny Pineapple) came to be.

Why a blog?

I wanted to share our Journey of IVF and TTTC with others. It is and was a long difficult road, and I feel that if I can help even one woman find comfort, give suppport, and make a difference even just woman who is going thru infertility or IVF than I have done something wonderful. I've brought a sense of understanding and comfort to someone else. To my fellow TTTCR's I pray for us all, and we will have our babies.....

Our Dream

Some dream of big houses
Or shiny new cars,
Ours is to someday
Hold a baby that’s ours
Some dream of more money
To hoard and to keep,
Mine is to someday
Rock my baby to sleep.
Some dream of careers
In buildings so tall,
His is to someday
Toss his kid a baseball.
Some dream of great power
To be strong and tough,
Ours is to someday
Have a child to love.
Some dream of things
Such as silver and gold
Ours is of the day
Our child we’ll hold.

Monday, March 10, 2008

Houston we have a heartbeat!!!!

After a scare that sent us the ER yesturday, and the dr telling us we were having a threatened miscarraige, we went to our Dr's office this morning. The baby is growing beautifully!!! Has heartrate of 105 beats per min which is perfect, and is measuring 2mm. To see the heartbeat more clearly, and strong was AMAZING! I am still measuring 5w6d, and they gave us a due date of 11/3. I go back Next Monday for a re-check. Now, the fun stuff, what is going on with me, why am I bleeding? For starters, I am on strict bedrest until at least Thursday. My nurse said I can go back to work on Wed only if I have no spotting and bleeding. When I return to work, it must be light activity. So the ultrasound shows the baby is stil high in the uterus, and on the ultrasound she saw a sac of fluid kind of bubbling out from the gestational sac. I can't explain it like she did, but we understand it, basically it's like fluid or something like cycst type thing, that will bed rest should shrink down, and go away on it's own. It's not quite as bad as sub hemo bleed, but still enough to constitue bedrest. The pregnancy is not as threatened as we thought last night, however by NOT resting it can put the baby at risk, anything could unfortunately still happen, but we have faith, hope, prayers, and love. So that is the update...long story short..Hugs to you all thank you so much! Here are the two most recent pics. The baby is in between te two plus signs.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say congratulations! November babies rock..hehe. My mom is Nov. 4th and of course Ethan is Nov. 14th:-) Listen to your Dr. and stay off your feet:-) You deserve the rest mama. Your body is working overtime now:-) Fingers are crossed for you guys!
Dawn