CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

What is with the Pineapple reference?

The reason this baby is referred to as our little "Pineapple" is because of the nickname Bob gave me after we started IVF. Bob said because I had endured so much, and was so strong I was like a "pineapple". The outer shell of a pineapple is strong, stubborn, hard headed, but once you peel back those layers it's just a mushy, sweet fruit inside. So immediately when we found out we were pregnant the ladies on my board started calling the baby our like Pineapple. So there you have it, how the nick name Pineapple and TTP (Teeny Tiny Pineapple) came to be.

Why a blog?

I wanted to share our Journey of IVF and TTTC with others. It is and was a long difficult road, and I feel that if I can help even one woman find comfort, give suppport, and make a difference even just woman who is going thru infertility or IVF than I have done something wonderful. I've brought a sense of understanding and comfort to someone else. To my fellow TTTCR's I pray for us all, and we will have our babies.....

Our Dream

Some dream of big houses
Or shiny new cars,
Ours is to someday
Hold a baby that’s ours
Some dream of more money
To hoard and to keep,
Mine is to someday
Rock my baby to sleep.
Some dream of careers
In buildings so tall,
His is to someday
Toss his kid a baseball.
Some dream of great power
To be strong and tough,
Ours is to someday
Have a child to love.
Some dream of things
Such as silver and gold
Ours is of the day
Our child we’ll hold.

Monday, February 18, 2008

5 days past transfer

I am not feeling to hopeful this cycle. Infact my spirits seem to be really down...
I went in Saturday for an ultrasound, and they found that my ovaries were still extremely big. Infact one had twisted behind my uterus while the other is laying in front of sort of on top. I was put on bedrest throught the weekend until Tuesday when I go back to work. Yesturday I had some really bad pain, and was throwing up. I called the RE on call, and lets just say today I cannot wait for my regular RE to be back from Maternity Leave. I feel sort of dismissed, by the dr that called back last night. There were so many things this cycle that just has left me discouraged, and down. Between the OHSS, and not being able to make our OWN decision on weather to do a 5 day trasnfer or a 3 day transfer has left me sort of feeling resentful towards the lab, and annoyed. We were told from day one that as long as we had 6 or more embryo's growing that we would do a 5 day transfer seeing the last 2 3 day transfers failed, and the only BFP we ever got was from FET using 2 blasts. Well we were told the morning of transfer that we had to come in that day b/c we only had 4 embies left. WE find out AFTER the fact after we are there that there were 6 more they were cultruing to blast stage. So you mean to tell us that we had 10, and we weren't allowed to make our OWN decision about 3dt vs 5dt? Are you God? Are you us?Have you been thru this over and over and over again? Didn't think so. I know alot of this seems harsh, but I am just so frustrated...beyond frustrated..why is it that this is my body, our family, our future, and after 3 failed attempts you're not chaning our protocol, looking at WHY we aren't getting pg, and keep us at the same level, same meds...etc...If we don't get pregnant this time, I am having a very LONG talk with our RE. OK rant over for now....I am tired, and going to close my eyes for a bit, maybe I'll blog some more later.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Bless your heart is all I have to say. I am stil optimistic for you!!!