CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

What is with the Pineapple reference?

The reason this baby is referred to as our little "Pineapple" is because of the nickname Bob gave me after we started IVF. Bob said because I had endured so much, and was so strong I was like a "pineapple". The outer shell of a pineapple is strong, stubborn, hard headed, but once you peel back those layers it's just a mushy, sweet fruit inside. So immediately when we found out we were pregnant the ladies on my board started calling the baby our like Pineapple. So there you have it, how the nick name Pineapple and TTP (Teeny Tiny Pineapple) came to be.

Why a blog?

I wanted to share our Journey of IVF and TTTC with others. It is and was a long difficult road, and I feel that if I can help even one woman find comfort, give suppport, and make a difference even just woman who is going thru infertility or IVF than I have done something wonderful. I've brought a sense of understanding and comfort to someone else. To my fellow TTTCR's I pray for us all, and we will have our babies.....

Our Dream

Some dream of big houses
Or shiny new cars,
Ours is to someday
Hold a baby that’s ours
Some dream of more money
To hoard and to keep,
Mine is to someday
Rock my baby to sleep.
Some dream of careers
In buildings so tall,
His is to someday
Toss his kid a baseball.
Some dream of great power
To be strong and tough,
Ours is to someday
Have a child to love.
Some dream of things
Such as silver and gold
Ours is of the day
Our child we’ll hold.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Had a surprise ET today

Quite a shock to us, as we were told and planning on a 5dt. I got up this morning, and went to work as usual, as the lab never called at 7:30am, as I was instructed they would if I needed to go in today. At Approx 8:45 I get a message on my cell phone that I need to be in today at 11:00am for an 11:30 transfer. DOH!!! We live over an hour away, and have quite an ice storm here! So I frantically called MH, ran home to get my RX to bring to pharmacy, dropped it off at CVS, picked up DH and off we went. I was told on the phone that we had 4 top grade embryo's hence why transfer was today. I was shocked! We were told that we had to have 5 or more embryo's to be considered for a 5dt we found out once we got there that you have to have 5 or more top grade embryo's to do a 5 day. We had 4...so we transferred 3 of the four, a 7 cell and 2 8 cells. These were the highest grade embryo's we've ever had in any cycle, so they are feeling quite good about it. The 4th embryo will be frozen today at 3days, and the other 6 they are going to culture out to see if they make it to a blast stage, and then freeze those! I am PRAYING we get snowbabies...this cycle has been an up and down cycle as always with any cycle.

I also found out I have a mild case of OHSS, which they aren't sure will get better, so we've were given a list of things to watch out for, as my HCG will peak in the next couple of days which makes OHSS worse. OHSS is an over stimulation of the ovaires, and they get really big and puffy and cause complications. Usually after retrevial the ovaries go back down to normal size, mine are not, and are still just as puffy. And will cause upset stomach, fluid in the abdomen, diaherrea, and make you really sick. I was advised to not ignore any symptoms I have between now and my beta. I was told I can take a percocet tonight (even with embies transferred) b/c I've been having alot of lower back and abdominal pain and pressure. I pray this was our cycle, and that this will be it. I go back to work tommorrow but was hoping to have a couple of days off for R&R now that's not going to happen. Usually I have to pull a ton of files, and lots of up and down, and etc..I may tell work Dr. said not to do anyof that due to the OHSS....I just don't want to aggrevate anything or jeopradize anything going wrong~ So this is my offical request for sticky BFP Dust...and I am officially in 2WW. Thanks ladies for all the support!

2 comments:

Nadine said...

Congrats on the ET. Good luck with the 2ww. Hope she's kind to you.

Ariella said...

Congrats on the ET! Sorry to hear about the OSHH, I am sure it sucks! Drink lots of fluid and try to rest. Sticky Embies Stick!

STICK EMBIES STICK! STICK!