CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

What is with the Pineapple reference?

The reason this baby is referred to as our little "Pineapple" is because of the nickname Bob gave me after we started IVF. Bob said because I had endured so much, and was so strong I was like a "pineapple". The outer shell of a pineapple is strong, stubborn, hard headed, but once you peel back those layers it's just a mushy, sweet fruit inside. So immediately when we found out we were pregnant the ladies on my board started calling the baby our like Pineapple. So there you have it, how the nick name Pineapple and TTP (Teeny Tiny Pineapple) came to be.

Why a blog?

I wanted to share our Journey of IVF and TTTC with others. It is and was a long difficult road, and I feel that if I can help even one woman find comfort, give suppport, and make a difference even just woman who is going thru infertility or IVF than I have done something wonderful. I've brought a sense of understanding and comfort to someone else. To my fellow TTTCR's I pray for us all, and we will have our babies.....

Our Dream

Some dream of big houses
Or shiny new cars,
Ours is to someday
Hold a baby that’s ours
Some dream of more money
To hoard and to keep,
Mine is to someday
Rock my baby to sleep.
Some dream of careers
In buildings so tall,
His is to someday
Toss his kid a baseball.
Some dream of great power
To be strong and tough,
Ours is to someday
Have a child to love.
Some dream of things
Such as silver and gold
Ours is of the day
Our child we’ll hold.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Update 6 days past transfer

Well things are going I guess....
Just a lil catch up in case some missed it...I had my 3dt Transfer on Wed the 13th. At transfer ultrasound tech noted quite large swollen ovaries, and immediately recognized it as an early warning sign on OHSS.

I went in Sat Feb 16th for an ultrasound and it was discovered at that point that my ovaries are quite enlarged, and one is lying on top of the uterus, and the other is sort of wrapped around underneath the uterus.

I was put on coach potato rest aka bed rest for the weekend, and instructed to take precocity, and just relax. I had an episode Sunday where a surge of sharp pain came on and I proceeded to be sick to my stomach, and called the Dr. on call, and well didn't get much of an answer or help for that matter, except that I could come in for another ultrasound. I went in today Feb 20th for an ultrasound, and nothing much as changed.

My ovaries are still really big, infect a wee bit bigger, and are still in the same position. One on top of uterus the other behind, I was instructed that is we are in fact pregnant the OHSS will only get worse. My Estridol level is at 3426 which is extremely high! My ultrasound tech whom I love also advised me that last week at their weekly meeting, she had said the meeting to the Dr's this is a patient that we need to watch, and if she calls be alarmed..She is at a very high risk of OHSS, and here is why, yet somehow the Dr. on Sunday was telling me how "Rare it is to have OHSS after retrieval"

Anyways...I have to call them on Friday and update them on how I am feeling, and Sunday is the big Beta day =0) Will keep you all posted.....

As far as symptoms I've pretty much have had nothing..until last night I noticed those lovely blue veins across my chest, and then at approx 11:30 this morning a strong feeling of sleepiness, mixed in with wanting to hurl came on, is this good or bad, could it be =0)

No comments: